Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Full Speed Ahead!

The nursery is painted, and we're having an electrician over this weekend to install a new light fixture and electrical sockets in there this weekend. Things are moving quickly!

 

Alise and I are really getting into the spirit of things now. We've been thinking of how the nursery will look, and we went to Ikea the other night to buy a Spanka, Sthummelstrob, Krenka, and Plajebomb. Or something. We're building up our collection of cute clothing and we're looking into toys, books and all things baby.

 

This is all most probably because Alise is showing and growing quickly. For a while there she didn't look any different at all, then she looked like she'd just gained a few pounds; but recently she's most obviously looking pregnant. On her way back from the hospital yesterday a lady gave up her seat on the train for Alise, and people in the outside world are comfortable to make comments.

 

The hospital visit was critical, but quick. Alise was one of the lucky ones to get the H1N1 vaccination, which is heavily recommended for pregnant women. I hope that any of you out there that are pregnant make sure to get the vaccine, and those that don't practice good hygiene methods and don't get sick!

3 comments:

April said...

I just got the vaccine today! (Although I was a bit nervous about it.) Funny to know that Alise just got it too. Let me know if she has any weird side effects (knock on wood).

alise said...

I've actually had fewer side effects with this one than I normally get with the regular flu shot. My arm isn't even sore!

April said...

Are you kidding? Me too! I thought I was nuts. And then I thought "maybe they didn't put anything in the syringe." :( Good to know that others are having the same experience.

Post a Comment