Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More about how much I suck

I apologize, I'm sorry, j'ai le regret.
 
I think the reason for my absence on this blog really boils down to my fears for the future.
 
For the longest time, Alise really showed no signs of pregnancy. We both knew that baby was coming; but we weren't hit by daily reminders. We went on a traumatic yet lovely trip to DC. We lost Iris and cried buckets, and we worried over Coco's condition for weeks. We still worry over Coco's condition. Thoughts of 'baby' kind of went to the backs of our minds.
 
And then, recently; it smacked us again. WE'RE HAVING A BABY! A BABY BOY! A PENIS HOLDING POOP MACHINE! It's scary.
 
So maybe I decided to just not update the blog, because to do so would mean that I wouldn't have to think about the baby. Maybe that day felt a little easier to cope with. Maybe the next day I felt the same. Maybe I hid my head in the sand while we busied ourselves with things like 'snow', and 'Christmas', and 'our new kitten'.
 
But now its the new year, and a baby is coming. We are having at least 3 baby showers (more showers than I have myself in a typical month), the nursery is nearly ready to accept guests, and we're back on the baby agenda.
 
My head is out of the sand and I'm back on the blog. Let's roll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment