Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleepy Sleepy Sick Sick

Alise and I are both sick at the moment.
 
Yesterday we both started our days feeling a little under the weather, but able to function. Alise has a terrible cough, I have the aches and chills. I think it's basically the same illness, it's just hit us differently.
 
Last night we went to bed early (at around 9pm, we're so old), and tried to sleep. We both had varying success, but woke often. At around 3am we were both dozing back to sleep, when Coco decided to join in, and she let out the strangest 'howl' that I've ever heard come from a dog.
 
Of course I checked on Coco, and she was fine. She looked at me with a 'hey! what are you doing up?' expression, wagged her tail and wondered if it might be breakfast time yet.
 
It was at around 4am that, while trying to get back to sleep again, I realized something. This is how life is going to be, for quite some time. Sure Alise and I both being sick at the same time is rare, but we both desire a good nights sleep and are both often a little cranky if we go without. Pretty soon we'll be interrupted constantly throughout the night by our son, who's crying might well make Coco whine and howl.
 
'There are many things to look forward to', I thought as I tried to console myself last night. But sleep, uninterrupted sleep, isn't one of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment