Friday, October 2, 2009

And dinner will be served at 4pm...

Alise and I were discussing our 'what to do's this weekend' earlier.

 

Last weekend we went to the football (soccer) game at Gillette stadium, home of the New England Revolution and the New England Patriots. They've built quite the complex there, with stores, restaurants and a Showcase cinema. Last weekend we went to 'Five Guys' for a burger before the game, and found it to be (in my humble opinion, at least) the best burger joint on the face of the Earth.

 

We've decided that this weekend we'll go to see a movie at the Showcase, having lunch at Five Guys before we go. Quite seriously we decided to go to an afternoon screening, because when we go to the movies in the evenings we get tired and feel like falling asleep.

 

Now, Alise has an excuse for this. She's pregnant! What's my excuse?

 

My hair gets grayer with every passing month. I get tired easily, and my back hurts. I'm old even before someone as yet unborn has the ability to say 'Gawd Dad! You're SOO old!'.

 

I'm wondering what effect this baby will have on me and my energy levels. On one hand I think that it'll whip me into shape. That I'll be so busy that I'll have no time to be tired. On the other…

 

It scares me to even think what shape I'll be in, in a year from now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment