Monday, October 12, 2009

A Momentous Happening!

Something of great importance happened on Friday evening.

 

Alise and I, happy with our bulk cooking/freezing extravaganza, decided to splurge and go out to dinner. We settled, after some discussion, on a Chinese restaurant that's close to where Alise used to work. Called the 'Ginger Root', located in the Italian section of Newton, it's not much to look at from either side of the windows but it serves good Chinese food at a reasonable price with great service. And the mango chicken really is to die for.

 

After gorging ourselves, we both reclined and adopted the 'hands on belly' pose. When the waitress bought the check, she gave a shriek. 'You're pregnant!' she gasped.

 

This, ladies and gents, was the very first time that someone who doesn't know that Alise is pregnant has said that she is. It's official, she's looking like someone who's pregnant.

 

I did have to take a moment to make sure that she was talking to Alise, and not to me. While Alise is displaying a belly that's consistent with a 4 month old growth, so too am I.

 

It is, apparently, a common phenomenon. The daddy also eats for two, and puts on some weight. Last night I took a bath and was alarmed to find that rolls of fat were creeping up my torso, almost restricting my movement. I've added a few pounds, and I'm getting chunky.

 

While its never a bad idea to add some insulation as winter approaches (and it seems to have taken an express train, the morning walk was not pleasant today); I've never put on weight or bulk as quickly in my life. I'm eating well, but heartily, and at the current rate will be a bit of a bloater by the time the baby is born.

 

So; I'm going on a bit of a diet. I'm going to fight the flab and reduce my carby footprint. No more bacon shall pass my lips!

 

God I'm a terrible liar…

0 comments:

Post a Comment