Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MIND THE GAP!!

It was probably only about 6 weeks or even a month ago that Alise and I were in a Gap Maternity store.

 

At that point, she had put on a little weight, and had a little bit of a tummy. She really didn't look pregnant though, more like she'd eaten quite a bit recently and hadn't exercised. Her clothes were getting a little tight though, and we'd begun to shop for maternity clothes.

 

While there, and while she was trying on her clothes, Alise found a 'fake belly' in the changing room. Basically a bump with Velcro strapping, she was able to see for herself how she'd look with a baby belly, and therefore how the clothes would fit.

 

At the time, if I'm honest, it kind of scared me to see her with this fake belly. Hypothetically I know that a real belly would soon come, but to see an artist impression of Alise in the future had put me on edge. And this was only 6 weeks ago, if that.

 

Within the space of this 6 weeks (or less. On reflection; I think it's more like a month) Alise has certainly grown. She went from 'might have had a few too many cheeseburgers' to 'I should probably give my seat up to that girl but I don't know for sure if she's pregnant so I might offend her if she's just a bit heavy' to 'baby on board'. Obviously she's going to get a lot bigger before she gets smaller, but she's certainly well on the way.

 

And am I scared? Do you know what? I'm actually not. Alise looks wonderful. She's glowing, she looks healthy, and she's as cute as a button. These are good times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment