Friday, July 24, 2009

And Baby Makes Ten...

I was talking with my good friend Alexandra the other day.

 Alexandra works in New Jersey for a shipping company, but before that worked in ecommerce. She relayed a story from that time to me:

 One of my reps took a call from a lady who bought this gadget, a pet translator, you put it on your pets neck and it translates what the dog is barking. really stupid.
aaanyhow, she was calling very dissatisfied with her purchase and was demanding a full refund. apparently she put the thing on her dog and the dog told her 4 year old daughter ' I hate you'

Now, even though I've seen the Disney movie 'Up' (a great movie, watch it if you can) I don't actually believe that these devices do work or that they could work. This story however does raise some important questions.

Alise and I do have quite the menagerie. As mentioned previously, we have 4 cats, 2 mice and a large and very goofy dog. We love our animals a great deal… but…

 What if they don't appreciate the new addition to the family? What if one of the cats (Havoc, I'm looking in your direction here) looks at the baby as a threat and starts peeing all over everything? What if Coco the dog tries to snatch food from the plate of an infant? What if the child is allergic?

Sadly, a lot of the questions asked lead to some straightforward but sucky and depressing answers should there be any conflicts.  I'm crossing my fingers tightly on this issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment