Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How is Babby Formed?

As previously mentioned, Alise and I have been doing quite a bit of research recently on the internets about this whole 'baby' thing.

There are a number of websites out there, of varying quality, that will guide you through each week of pregnancy telling you what is happening to the alien and what to expect for yourself. Some are a little scary and have drawings or ultrasounds of the child's development, but most seem to agree on one point:

Oh my god you're having a baby and your body will never be the same again! Kiss goodbye to your life as you know it! Be very very afraid!!!

Good to know.

I already touched on one annoying acronym (AF, meaning Aunt Flo, meaning period), but Alise drew my attention last night to another particularly annoying and inane one. BD. In context, 'my partner and I did a BD last night and I think I might be pregnant'.

BD stands for 'baby dance', which means trying to conceive. I wish I were making this up.

Anyway. The pregnancy week by week websites are usually broken into three sections. The first charts baby's development, telling us what size (usually in comparison to fruit) he or she is, and which parts are forming when. Fascinating, scary stuff.

The second section tells us what's happening to Alise's body and what to look out for in the coming week. 'Boobs growing' is the only one that I can remember, but I'm sure that there are other changes afoot.

The third section of most of these websites is usually titled 'tips for dad', or something equally banal. This section seeks to help 'mom', by letting 'dad' subtly know what's required of him.

Some of these tips include (and again, I'm not making this up):

  • Perhaps you could do the laundry this week?
  • Show Interest!
  • Fill the gas tank
  • Cook her a meal (or order take-out!)

Are men really so useless that we have to be asked to do these things when our women are pregnant? Aren't these things what we are supposed to do anyway?

Sadly, conversations and relayed conversations with mothers and mothers to be have revealed that there are quite a few guys out there who aren't pulling their weight when baby is coming. I have also seen quite a few comments from guys who complain that their pregnant partner is getting fat, and unattractive…

Now, excuse me for stating the bloody obvious here… but it takes two to do the baby dance. You're the one that put that thing insidaher, you're the one who gets to keep your figure, you're not dealing with raging hormones and swollen ankles; deal with it and stop being so bloody stupid.

All of which leads me to Yahoo! Answers, that last stop on the train of online stupidity. This question and answer is an oldie, but a goodie, and deserves publication here, I think.

How is babby formed?????

how is babby formed?

how girl get pragnent?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids . they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his chrilden ; i am truley sorry for your lots

1 comments:

Cari said...

IT BURNS!!!! O_o

Post a Comment