Sunday, August 16, 2009

Errands or Water Park.. Errands or Water Park...

Alise and I had a lazy morning this morning, I watched the football (my football, American's soccer) while she tooled around on the Internets. At around midday we decided that we had to go to Target to get some groceries and household items.

We were nearly there. About 3 minutes away, in fact. Alise had written a list, asking me for my input (I'm notoriously crap at remembering what we have and what we need but she asks anyway) when Alise said, probably in jest, 'lets just skip errands and go to water country'.

I pulled one of the swiftest u-turns in history. We stopped back at the house for 5 minutes while we changed and looked up directions and hours, and we headed north to Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

I LOVED water parks when I was a child. They don't really have them in the UK but whenever we went on holiday to Spain or the south of France we would usually spend a day at one. We are both very much aware that these last minute outings will be much more difficult when we have a child, so we're making the most of them now. Who cares that we don't have enough toilet paper to see out the evening, we've been in water, we're tired, and we're happy.

Going to Water Country also reminded me of one of Alise's better traits. I have to take off my glasses at these things, making me very nearly blind. Thanks to Alise's descriptions of our surroundings though, I didn't miss much. At one point she leant towards me and whispered into my ear:
'The blonde girl over there has the biggest fake boobs I've seen in a long while...'

0 comments:

Post a Comment