Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's not that we're nervous...

But... We're nervous.

Alise and I have our first ultrasound on Tuesday. Actually, it's Alise that'll have the ultrasound, I'm merely going for moral support and because if I don't go, I'll be even more of a nervous wreck than if I'm there. I would no doubt be sitting at my desk, checking that my phone works by calling it, then worrying that while testing my phone I'd missed a call from Alise.

There is, in truth, a lot to be worried about. This will be the first time that we'll see a medical person during this whole adventure, and we've both heard terrible stories from both friends and complete strangers about 'what could go wrong'. There may not be a heartbeat. There may not be a baby. There may be a baby but it may be in the wrong place. All perfectly 'poop your pants' worthy material.

Because of these nerves, we've both been trying to keep ourselves busy to keep our minds off Tuesday. On Friday evening we played mini-golf with a friend (Stacy) and were bitten by a million mosquitoes. On Saturday we went out to breakfast then left terribly early to go to the New England Revolution against LA Galaxy (David Beckham's team). Today we took Coco for a long walk in the woods and are now getting ready to go bowling with our friends Ken and Kate. I will, of course, be wearing my New England Revolution football (soccer) jersey that Alise bought for me at the game, we will have a good time, and for maybe half an hour we will forget to be nervous about Tuesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment