Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oh My God! Amazing Developments!!!

Only kidding.

You know, when I first started this blog I thought that there might be more details to report, even at this early stage. I've also had comments that the blog is less about the baby and Alise, and more about me and how I'm feeling. There is a reason for this.

Even in these times, when we can get what we want, when we want it; when we can send emails across the globe in a second and when we can educate ourselves on any topic while staying in our homes, it still takes 9 months to make a baby. Mother Nature clearly hasn't caught up to our 'I want it now!!' lifestyles. We learned on Tuesday that baby is a whole 9 weeks old yet is still only about the size of a grape. At least baby isn't seedless.

I'm not even sure if that joke works. I know it's really not that funny, but I kind of like it so it's staying.

Anyway. While mommy, daddy, grandparents, uncles, aunts, friends and others frantically whirl around trying to live their lives and prepare for the arrival of the baby, all is fairly calm inside Alise's uterus. Baby is growing at a pretty good rate, but baby takes time to make. Baby is currently gathering nutrients and forming bones, baby is developing fingers and toes. All at baby's own pace, all as billions of babies have formed before. It is an amazing process and it boggles my tiny mind, but it all takes time. We must all be patient. Baby is coming, in baby's own time. If there were amazing developments to report at this moment, they'd probably not be very good ones, and then we'd all feel like poo.

To which I say, take your time little one. Take your time, develop well, and live your life inside Alise in peace. I'm an impatient bugger, but I know that you're getting what you need and you're going to be just fine. When I saw your heart beating on Tuesday I knew that you were doing well and that I'd be happy to wait until March to see you in the flesh. I'm scared, I'm nervous and I'm terribly excited, and I love you already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment