Saturday, August 29, 2009

I don't care what the weatherman says when the weatherman says it's raining...

Longest title ever? Possibly.

It rained, all day. From the moment that Coco decided that we should wake, until the last second that we were outside, it poured. Rain. HEAVY rain. Not the best birthday weather.

My special secret plan was that this morning we were going to go horseback riding. A very sedate and pregnancy friendly ride, at a ranch/farm about a 20 minute drive from home. This, sadly, did not and could not happen.

The second part of my plan did proceed as planned. I drove Alise to the next town over where she was given a 50 minute pre-natal massage. I had only planned for this to be a one time occurrence, but a combination of Alise's relaxed glow as she exited the massage room and some persuasive sales techniques lead me to purchasing Alise a 6 month membership at the massage place. She will be given hour long massages, once a month, until the birth of the alien. This is the most expensive birthday present I've ever given, but I think it'll be worth it.

The final, and more predictable part of the day was dinner at one of Alise's favorite restaurants. Her chicken was very flavorful and moist, my steak wonderfully cooked and tender.

All in all, no matter whatever the weather, we had a good day.

Happy Birthday Alise... I love you loads!

1 comments:

April said...

6 months of massages?! Does Alise need a massage-buddy? Pick me...pick me... ;)

Post a Comment