Monday, August 24, 2009

Tuna Meltdown

Here's a helpful tip for all of you baby daddies out there who want the chance to repeat the baby making experience again, at some point in your life.

 If baby mommy wants food, either get it for her quickly, or get the fuck out of her way. Pronto. This means NOW.

 I was a little naive. I have observed pregnant ladies eat a little more than they perhaps need.

'I'm eating for two!' they'll claim. 'Baby wants corn-dogs covered in syrup!' they'll call. 'Bullshit' I'll call back, under my breath of course.

Alise has been eating a little more than usual, but nothing totally out of the ordinary. She is trying to eat more healthily, and frequently. This helps the nausea you see.

The one thing that we have learned though, is that when she needs to eat, she needs to eat immediately.

 The other day we were both in the kitchen. I was putting away dishes (primarily clean ones), while she was making herself a tuna melt.

 I was, as usual, messing around.

 'I need to get a pan out of that cupboard', she told me. I was standing in front of this cupboard, putting stuff away.

'One sec' I told her, moving slowly.

'I really need that pan' she said.

'Yep, moving quick as I can'. I wasn't, I was messing around.

'PLEASE! GET OUT OF THE WAY!'

I don't blame her, but you see, I wasn't aware. She went from being a little peckish to feeling like she'd faint without instant nourishment. I slinked away and made myself a mental note.

Never come between a pregnant woman and her food!

1 comments:

April said...

Oh my - this is SO true! And we feel your pain (yours AND Alise's). I learned very quickly to keep a granola bar, trail mix, a piece of fruit, and gum in my purse at all times, and hubby learned to RUN like the wind to fetch "something, anything" mere moments after hearing the words "I'm feeling hungry." It is just amazing how one second baby mama is thinking "maybe I need to eat something" and then suddenly it's "I'm either going to pass out or puke if I don't get food NOW!" Ah, pregnancy.

Post a Comment