Thursday, August 20, 2009

'Preggo Sympto' #1

Regrettably, my lack of a post yesterday isn't due to the fact that we actually won $170 million squillion dollars, more because we were busy, got home late, and I crashed into bed, neglecting my blogging duties. I'm ashamed and terribly upset with myself.

 

We went to friends for dinner last night. They have a young son (between the age of a year and a half and two years, I think) who is a lovely little brat. He is, according to his parents, a ball of terror but he has a wonderful smile and in my book at least, could get away with murder. He's quite taken with me, apparently, and spend most of the evening playing with me, sitting on my knee, handing me hats and glasses to wear, calling my name and warming my stone cold heart.

 

Anyway, to the first symptom of pregnancy in  the first trimester. The frequent urges to pee.

 

This was the first sign that we had, that Alise might be 'with child'. Even before the pregnancy tests were even unwrapped and peed on (yeah, I'm sensing a theme here too), Alise spent a couple of nights of discomfort because she had to keep getting up, sometimes hourly, to use the bathroom.

 

Honestly, I have no idea why this happens. No doubt Alise will read this blog and then tell me. Obviously further along in the pregnancy baby will be big enough to put pressure on momma's bladder which will have much the same effect, but for now I'm going to take a guess at 'hormones'. Hormones take the blame for a lot of things, rightly so.

 

The constant urges to pee have followed Alise for the last 10 weeks. We only have the one bathroom at home (unless you count the toilet in the basement… ever seen 'Trainspotting'? The toilet that we have is much the same as the 'worst toilet in Scotland'), but thankfully, so far, there have been no arguments over ownership of the facilities. I do feel terribly sorry for Alise though, it must be an awful wrench to have to keep getting up to pee, and to have to always be worried about where to pee when we're out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment